If you’re a BBQ lover, then you know that a good pit boss is key to a perfect cookout. But what happens when your brand new pit boss auger not turning?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through some troubleshooting tips to get your auger working again.
Every product is independently reviewed and selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
So, whether it’s your first time using a pit boss or you’re a seasoned pro, we hope this post helps you get your BBQ fix.
Why Is My Pit Boss Auger Not Turning
If your Pit Boss auger is not turning, there are a few possible reasons why. The first thing you should check is the oil level in the auger. If it is low, add more oil and try again.
If the oil level is fine, then the problem may be with the auger itself. The auger may be jammed or may be the blades are damaged.
If the auger is jammed, you can try to clear it by turning the auger blade by hand. And unfortunately if the blades are damaged, then you’ll have to replace them.
Pit Boss Pellet Grill Auger Not Turning – Here’s The Way To Fix
If you own a pit boss pellet grill, you may have noticed that the auger isn’t turning as it should. This can be a frustrating issue, at least when you’re in the middle of cooking a meal.
There are a few things that could be causing this problem, and fortunately, there are also a few things you can do to fix it.
One of the most common reasons why a pit boss pellet grill auger might not be turning is because there is something blocking it.
This could be a build-up of debris, or it could be a foreign object that has gotten lodged in the auger.
If you think this might be the problem, the first thing you’ll want to do is check the auger for any blockages.
Another possibility is that the auger motor is simply not working properly. This is a more serious thing, but no worry! It is one that can be fixed easily.
If you think this might be the issue, you’ll need to check the auger motor to see if it is receiving power. If it isn’t, you’ll need to replace the motor.
Finally, it’s also possible that the problem lies with the controller board. This is the part of the grill that controls the auger motor. If the controller board is faulty, it can prevent the auger from turning.
Fortunately, this is a relatively easy problem to fix, and you should be able to do it yourself.
With a little bit of troubleshooting, you should be able to get your grill working properly again in no time. Your P B auger may face the following issues too –
At times, the auger doesn’t function properly due to the drive shaft. So, check to make sure that the shaft is properly lubricated. Next, check for any damage or wear to the shaft.
If the shaft appears to be in good condition, then the issue may be with the auger’s bearings. First, check to see if the bearings are well lubricated. Next, check for any damage or wear to the bearings.
If the bearings appear to be in good condition, then the issue may be with the auger’s housing. Make sure the housing is properly sealed. Then, check for any issue in it.
If the housing appears to be okay, then the issue may be with the auger’s blades. You’ve to keep the blades properly sharpened.
If the blades appear to be sharp enough, then the issue may be with the auger’s drive chain. If you get it fine, then the issue may be with the auger’s sprocket. Make sure the sprocket is properly aligned.
In this way, check everything possible. Clean with a soft brush, apply lubricant if needed and then try to run the auger again. Hopefully it’ll work as expected.
Pit Boss Pellet Grill Auger Jammed
No matter what, don’t give up on your grill! With a little patience and effort, you should be able to get it up and running.
If your pellet grill’s auger is jammed, don’t despair! Just check to see if there is anything blocking the auger. If there is, try to remove it and see if that fixes the problem.
If the auger is still jammed, you can try disassembling the grill and cleaning out the auger chamber. Be sure to consult your grill’s user manual before doing this so you know how to reassemble it correctly.
If you’re still having trouble, you can always contact the manufacturer of your grill for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the problem or even send you replacement parts if needed.
Pit Boss Auger Motor Loose – What Should I Do Now?
If your auger motor is loose, it’s important to tighten it up as soon as possible. This will help to prevent any damage to your equipment and keep it running smoothly.
Here are a few tips on how to tighten a loose auger motor:
- Use a wrench to tighten the bolts that hold the motor in place.
- If the motor is still loose, you may need to replace the bolts.
- Make sure that the motor is properly aligned before tightening it down.
- Once the motor is tight, check the operation of the auger to make sure it’s running smoothly.
If you follow these tips, you should be able to tighten a loose auger motor without any problems.
Pit Boss Auger Motor Upgrade
You may be wondering why you would need to upgrade the motor on your Pit Boss auger. There are a few reasons that this may be necessary.
- The first reason is that the original motor may not be powerful enough to drill through the tough material that you are trying to drill.
- The second reason is that the original motor may be starting to wear out and not be able to provide the same level of power that it once did.
- The third reason is that you may simply want a more powerful motor to make drilling faster and easier.
No matter what your reason is for wanting to upgrade the motor on your Pit Boss auger, it is a relatively easy process. The first thing that you will need to do is remove the old motor from the auger.
This can be done by removing the two screws that hold it in place. Once the old motor is removed, you will need to take the new motor and line it up with the holes where the old motor was mounted. Once the new motor is in place, you will need to screw it into place.
Once the new motor is mounted, you will need to reconnect the power supply to it. The power supply will likely be in the form of a battery.
Once the power supply is reconnected, you should test the new motor to make sure that it is working properly.
If you find that the new motor is not working properly, there are a few things that you can do to troubleshoot it. The first thing that you can do is check the connections to make sure that they are tight.
The next thing that you can do is check the power supply to make sure that it is providing enough power to the motor. If neither of these things fix the problem, you may need to replace the motor.
Overall, upgrading the motor on your Pit Boss auger is a pretty easy process. It should only take a few minutes to do and can make a big difference in the performance of your auger.
How To Clean Auger On Pit Boss Vertical Smoker
If you own a Pit Boss Vertical Smoker, you know that it’s important to keep the auger clean. The auger is responsible for moving the wood chips and charcoal up and down, so it’s crucial that it’s clean and free of debris.
Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to clean your auger:
- First, remove the auger from the smoker. You’ll find it located in the front, near the bottom.
- Next, use a brush or other cleaning tool to remove any debris or buildup from the auger. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Once the auger is clean, replace it back into the smoker. That’s it! You’re now ready to fire up your smoker and enjoy some delicious food.
How To Manually Turn Auger On Pit Boss
If you need to manually turn on your auger on your Pit Boss, follow these steps:
- Find the power switch on your Pit Boss. This is usually located near the control panel.
- Flip the switch to the “on” position.
- Press the “start” button on your control panel.
- If your auger doesn’t start automatically, use the manual crank to start it.
- Enjoy your perfectly cooked food!
Why Is My Pit Boss Not Igniting
If your Pit Boss isn’t igniting, there are a few possible reasons. The most common reason is that the igniter is dirty or damaged. Check the igniter and clean or replace it as needed.
Another possible reason is that the gas valve is not open. Be sure to open the gas valve fully before trying to ignite the grill.
If neither of these solutions solves the problem, there may be an issue with the grill’s regulator. Check the regulator and make sure it is set to the correct pressure.
Why Is My Pit Boss Smoker Not Heating Up
If your Pit Boss smoker is not heating up, there are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue.
First, make sure that the power cord is plugged into a working outlet. Next, check the circuit breaker to see if it has tripped. If neither of these is the issue, then the problem may be with the heating element.
To test this, you’ll need to use a multimeter to check for continuity. If the heating element is not functioning, it will need to be replaced.
How Long Does It Take For Pit Boss To Heat Up
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to get your Pit Boss up and running, you’re in luck! It only takes a few minutes for this bad boy to heat up. Just fire up the grill and let ‘er rip!
So, how long does it take for Pit Boss to heat up? In most cases, it’ll be ready to go in just a few minutes.
However, if you’re grilling in cold weather or at high altitudes, it might take a bit longer. But no matter what, you’ll be able to get your food cooked to perfection in no time.
So, there you have it! Now that you know how long it takes for Pit Boss to heat up, you can get started on your grilling adventure.
What Are The P Settings On A Pit Boss Smoker
If you’re a Pit Boss smoker owner, you’ve probably noticed the three little letters next to the temperature control knob: P, S, and W.
These stand for Pro, Smoke, and Warm, and they’re there to help you get the most out of your smoker.
Here’s a quick guide to what each setting does:
Pro: The Pro setting is for when you want to cook at high temperatures, like when you’re searing a steak. It’ll get your smoker up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit in no time.
Smoke: The Smoke setting is perfect for when you want to slow cook something, like a roast. It’ll keep your smoker at a consistent 200-250 degrees Fahrenheit, which is ideal for smoking.
Warm: The Warm setting is just that – it’ll keep your food warm until you’re ready to eat. It’s perfect for when you want to keep something warm while you’re finishing up another dish.
So, there you have it! The next time you’re firing up your Pit Boss smoker, be sure to use the correct setting for what you’re cooking.
Can You Manually Light Pit Boss
Pit Boss grills are built to last, with heavy-duty construction and premium materials. But like any grill, they need proper care and maintenance to keep them functioning at their best. One important part of grill care is lighting the pit.
While most grills have an automatic igniter, Pit Boss grills need to be lit manually. This may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually quite simple.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to lighting your Pit Boss grill:
- Prepare the grill for lighting. Open the lid and remove any food or debris from the cooking surface.
- Then, open the gas valve and make sure the regulator is in the “on” position.
- Place the wood chips or briquettes in the firebox.
- Open the damper all the way.
- Light a match and hold it near the opening of the firebox. Slowly turn on the gas to the “high” setting. The match should ignite the wood chips or briquettes.
- Close the lid and allow the grill to preheat for 15-20 minutes.
Once the grill is lit, you’re ready to start cooking! Just be sure to open the lid carefully, as the grill will be extremely hot. And always remember to turn off the gas and close the valve when you’re finished cooking.
With a little practice, lighting your Pit Boss grill will become second nature. And you’ll be able to enjoy delicious, grilled food all season long!
How To Reset Pit Boss Pellet Grill
Pit Boss pellet grills are a great way to cook your food. They use small pellets of wood to create a smoky flavor that can’t be replicated with any other cooking method.
But, like any other cooking appliance, they can occasionally need to be reset. Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug the grill from the power outlet.
- Remove the pellets from the hopper.
- Use a wire brush to clean the fire pot.
- Remove any ash from the grill.
- Replace the pellets in the hopper.
- Plug the grill back in and turn it on.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees and let the grill preheat for 15 minutes.
- Add your food to the grill and cook as desired.
Pit Boss Prime Button Not Working
If you’re a regular smoker, you know that the pit boss prime button is one of the most important features on your smoker. So, what do you do when the pit boss prime button stops working?
First, check the batteries. If they’re dead, replace them and see if that fixes the problem. If not, there are a few things you can try.
- Clean the connections. Over time, the connections between the battery and the circuit board can become corroded. Cleaning them with a cotton swab soaked in rubbing alcohol can help.
- Check for loose wires. Sometimes, the wires that connect the battery to the circuit board can become loose. Tightening them can often fix the problem.
- Replace the batteries. If you’ve tried all of the above and the pit boss prime button still isn’t working, it’s probably time to replace the batteries.
- Contact customer support. If you’ve tried everything and the pit boss prime button still isn’t working, the problem may be with the smoker itself. In this case, the best thing to do is to contact customer support for help.
These are some of the most common issues every Pit Boss user faces. But, don’t worry! The tricks I’ve shared here are not going to waste your time. Apply them and hopefully you’ll get a solution to your brand new pit boss auger not turning. Essentially, you’ll get other tricks working too. But, my recommendation is to contact customer support if you don’t have the required skills to do these DIY things.